Rotfaithai.Com

Visitors

มีผู้เข้าเยี่ยมชม
สมาชิก:311232
ทั่วไป:13180099
ทั้งหมด:13491331
คน ตั้งแต่
01-08-2004

Rotfaithai.Com :: View topic - Do SRT's Diesel Hydraulics Now Have A Future?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do SRT's Diesel Hydraulics Now Have A Future?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Rotfaithai.Com Forum Index -> State Railway of Thailand/Thai Rail Fans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Talisman
3rd Class Pass
3rd Class Pass

PostPosted: 07/11/2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Do SRT's Diesel Hydraulics Now Have A Future? Reply with quote

Considering how useful SRT's remaining Krupps, and the borrowed Henschel's, have been during the current flooding crisis, is it possible that SRT will not only keep 3113, 3114 and 3118 in service, but may also return some of the withdrawn members of the class, currently stored at Hat Yai, to traffic?
pattharachai
1st Class Pass (Air)
1st Class Pass (Air)

PostPosted: 08/11/2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is difficult to answer. The best answer should be 'Up to SRT's policy' hahaha Laughing

I think the problem is the loco's parts. So I think that if Krupp will return in service. SRT may fix and renovate ONLY some of them and the another will be used as parts.

Ps. Sorry for grammartically wrong. Embarassed
Talisman
3rd Class Pass
3rd Class Pass

PostPosted: 08/11/2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't apologise for your grammar. I can easily understand your English! No problem.

Parts for old locomotives are always hard to get, and what you suggest, dismantling some loco's for spares to provide parts for others, is often the only option.

Considering the number of withdrawn Krupps in storage at Hat Yai and Makkasan, it should be possible to return the best ones to traffic by dismantling the others and using them as a supply of spare parts.

Am I correct in saying that SRT returned 3114 to traffic as a result of the need for hydraulic locos because of the floods? According to their records, it hadn't worked a train since March this year.

The floods may be the worst for 50 years, but nature is unpredictable, and such conditions may be experienced again in the not too distant future. I very much hope not, but we all know that nature is a law unto itself.
rimura
2nd Class Pass (Air)
2nd Class Pass (Air)

PostPosted: 08/11/2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khun Talisman, I agree with you if we can take some of them return to service include the Henschel Serie that is now the ITD's property If the ITD complete their railway rehab projects and no necessery to use them. (but I think it's may impossible for SRT)

For the Krupp Serie I heard from someone who was the loco engineer and had some experiance to drive them, he said they were hard to control such as when we need to select the drive direction their gear control often stuck and the selector level postion was to far from the drive table that the some drivers were have some trick to use it (use their foot to kick it Laughing ), besides the problem from spare part.

But I think now the SRT or who's the authority person should be consider about the benefit from these Diesel hydraulic loco and find out the way to repairs and maintenences them back to service (If they won't to buy new)
and include the plan for build and develop more alternate route project like the "Klong Sib kao - Keng Khoi" route that is now the temporary route for the north-eastern and some northern trains can operate from bangkok to their destination.
Wisarut
1st Class Pass (Air)
1st Class Pass (Air)

PostPosted: 08/11/2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The catch is that it is really a tough job to find the locomotive producers who can produce Diesel hydrolic Locomotives despite of the fact that much of the part of Diesel hydrolic have been put into DMU.

So far, we tust on German locomotive producers but I'm not so sure if the producer like Velloh (Correct me if I made a mistake) could produce such Diesel hydlolic for us at all ... Next on the line would be those Lolomotiver producer from Japan like Hitachi and Kawasaki ...

If neither German or Japanese produyers are willing to handle such thing, we may have to look for CNR and CSR .... Sad
alderwood
1st Class Pass (Air)
1st Class Pass (Air)

PostPosted: 08/11/2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Vossloh ครับเฮีย
Talisman
3rd Class Pass
3rd Class Pass

PostPosted: 08/11/2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New build hydraulics are out of the question. The cost cannot be justified. But, considering the number of Krupps that are stored, it should be possible to create a small servicable fleet, say 6-8 loco's, including the currently operational trio of 3113/4/8. Break the rest up for spares, and overhaul/recondition as many of the parts as possible in the workshops.

They could be used for normal day to day traffic, but easily called upon in the event of such conditions that are being experienced now. Base 2 or 3 at Hat Yai to cover the South, and the rest at Thonburi. Use them daily so as to keep them in operational condition.
Wisarut
1st Class Pass (Air)
1st Class Pass (Air)

PostPosted: 20/12/2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The alternative is to seal the electrical paths of the good old GE locos with silicone and - viola -. we can run DE locos through the flood zone!
donatt76
1st Class Pass (Air)
1st Class Pass (Air)

PostPosted: 21/12/2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, I've seen 2 more Krupp waiting in front of the repairing plant in Makkasan Workshop. No. 3121 & 3111 should be that 2 Locomotives, I've seen.

In addition, I don't know about other 2 Krupp 3104 & 3106. Are they still remain in Bangsue Depot or somewhere?
Talisman
3rd Class Pass
3rd Class Pass

PostPosted: 21/12/2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats interesting. When I saw 3121 in July of this year, part of the upper bodywork had been removed. Any further update on the matter would be most interesting.

Is 3113 now back at Hat Yai?

The option of sealing the electrics of the GE's is risky, with the potential consequences disaterous should the sealing fail to hold. It must remain 100% watertight, nothing less. Water and electricity do not mix, and that is why some people were electrocuted in the recent floods.
Reply to topic    Rotfaithai.Com Forum Index -> State Railway of Thailand/Thai Rail Fans All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Share |

Jump to: